Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default 3 in 1 oil sucks

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:49:51 -0700, RichD
wrote:

Cydrome,
3 in One plastic containers arn't the only ones that fail.
All the motor oil "bottles" come in plastic these days.
Don't leave these sitting around unused too long.
They most definetly fail as well without any human touch.
Ask me how I know :-(( What a mess.
Saving all my WD-40, thinner, etc METAL gallon cans,
for reuse,
RichD, Atlanta

I just went down to the shop and looked but I don't see any drips from
the 1 Quart can of 50 wt Sunoco motor oil that has been following me
around since the early 1950's when my brother bought it to mix with
gas for his chain saw (this was before they made special 2 cycle
oils).
On the other hand, three vehicles made after 1985 have had their oil
pans replaced because of rust out. Are modern vehicles with all of the
technical advances made of less durable material than 50+ year old oil
cans?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada