Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make itbetter)?

on 10/7/2007 9:08 AM Pete C. said the following:
hls wrote:

"George" wrote in message

Rain-x is actually a good product and works well.

Not for everyone, dude. Some like it, some hate it.

Considering that Rain-X should be the same everywhere, and windshields
should be the same everywhere, it would seem that those who report
problems are the source of those problems due to not following
application directions properly.

For my Rain-X applications I clean the glass well first with decent
glass cleaner. I find the Zep brand glass cleaner seems to be one of the
best. Once the glass is clean and dry and also cooler and out of the
direct sun I apply the Rain-X and buff well with one of the micro fiber
cloths. I make a complete pass around to all the windows and then make a
second pass paying extra attention to the final buffing with a second
dry micro fiber cloth.

I never have any issues with streaks or spots and the Rain-X action
lasts for a few months. I do prefer the spray bottle Rain-X over the old
"lighter fluid bottle" type for ease of application.

Rain-X now sells Windshield wiper fluid additive (mix with water),
window cleaner additive (mix with to water), Winter de-icing washer
fluid (full strength), and windshield wipers. I use 3 of the 4 fluids,
besides the spray.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY