Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default A solution to stop doors slamming/being slammed?

dg wrote:
I need a solution to stop doors being slammed by teenage kids, which
in turn shakes the whole house.

Tell me about it...

We solved it instantly by threatening to unscrew daughter's
bedroom door and removing it completely, indefinitely.

Followed it through, just for one day, and then replaced it following
day after much begging amd cajoling and promises of no repetition.

Curiously enough, as a solution to slamming doors, it's worked an
absolute treat - better than any other 'punishment' we've ever had to
implement.

No reason why it can't be extended to other doors - ie, you slam my
kitchen door, then say bye bye to your bedroom door...

David