Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default screen porch standing water

On 5 Oct, 13:45, "
wrote:
hi, bought a new house here in FL, I have a long screen porch with
aluminum around the bottom, about 1 inch..
when it really rains I end up with a lot of standing water in one
corner.. I am thinking of drilling 2 holes, one on each side of corner
to drain.. any one know a better way??
thanks

What is the floor of the porch made of? If it's non treated wood,
here's my concern:

If you drill a hole, you'll be exposing the unfinished interior of the
wood to the moisture as it drains through. You might end up with rot
fairly soon.

What's a lot of standing water? Is the amount of water going to be a
problem under the porch?

Mr. Obvious says: The optimum solution would be to prevent the water
from entering the porch in the first place.