Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Aldi Router Table

On 2007-10-05 16:14:10 +0100, Pete said:

George wrote:
"dicegeorge" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have just bought a Powercraft 1200W Router
from Aldi for £20 to use doing woodwork on my new old house.

Forget the table as their router doesn't fit it.

It does, I know :-) I would have used the router I have already
(another cheapo one) but annoyingly there's no way to lock the power on
- you have to hold the switch the whole time.

The PowerCraft one on offer at Aldi has a lock for the trigger switch,
and a separate switched socket with green and red power buttons so to
use it in the table just leave the power trigger locked on and switch
with the buttons provided.

HTH, Pete

It shouldn't have.

While this is convenient and obvious for a router table, routers that
can be hand held are no longer supposed to be sold with a switch lock.