Peter H.

Default Rotary Phase Converter

I have a 220 v 3 phase, 3 horsepower motor that I would like to use as a
rotary phase converter. I have a 25, 35, 40 and 40 uf capacitors. I need help

For a 3 HP "self starting" RPC, you'll need about 33 uF from the A-phase to the
B-phase.

That's about 100 uF, which is achievable using the 25, 35 and 40 uF caps.

(They should be rated at least 370 volts).

For a better result, I would start by placing the 60 percent of the total
available capacitance from the A-phase to the B-phase, and the remainder from
the C-phase to the B-phase, thereby achieving a more balanced RPC.

If the RPC then won't self-start, then you're going to have to add a potential
relay and an electrolytic cap of about 360 uF from the A-phase to the B-phase.