Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default where to visit in north east dallas Weds morning

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 06:40:25 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Karl
Townsend" quickly quoth:

Bill, got no help for you. Question though. Do you like Teranews? My
OctaNews server has been up/down over the last couple days. I tried Google
news, but they require my real email address to be posted to the world -
just asking for spam city.

I'm not Bill, but I tried TERA ($3.95 one time signup fee) and they
were occasionally busy when I tried to grab news. They were quite a
bit slower than other services. I settled on Forte's at $2.95 per
month and it's _quick_. On DSL, I download a couple hunddred messages
in under 30 seconds. They also filtered out ALL of the crap folks here
were complaining about a couple months ago. I never had to put up with
it at all. THAT makes it worth its weight in gold to me. No
affiliation, just a happy user.
Forte's Agent Premium Newsgroups, 10 GB/month, $2.95/mo
http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

--
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal