Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How much power does my thermostat use?

wrote:
On 28 Sep,
Martin Pentreath wrote:

This is based on an assumption that it uses 4 watts of power for six
months I think. Might it not use more?

The electronics will take next to nothing. the main consumption will be the
actual switching relay when actuated, This is unlikely to be more than a
watt, and wouldn't be consuming power when the heating is off.

If you use an impulse relay (as used by the battery powered prog stats)
then you will only take power as it switches.

My prog stat is about 4 years old, and still on its first set of AAs.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |