Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default How much power does my thermostat use?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:55:03 -0700, Martin Pentreath wrote:

I'm finally going to install my Honeywell CMT927 (wireless programmable
thermostat) this weekend. I'm an incorrigible miser when it comes to
electricity

The amount of energy you save by using it (sensibly) will far out strip
the amount of energy it will consume for the entire year.

Even if you say it takes 5W (unlikely) thats only 43.8 kWhrs/year or about
the same as an average boiler running for 2hrs.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail