John

Default Soldering aluminum tubing to steel sheet metal

Racer X wrote:
I've got a tank made of mild steel sheet metal, and I want to
permanently attach some aluminum tubing to the bottom surface of the
tank. The tubing is for some hot fluid (200F-250F)
I've done a bit of reading and research, and I think I should probably
use some Cadmium/Zinc solder, probably 30% or 40% Zinc. I'm not sure
exactly what flux to use on the steel, or on the aluminum.

Could you use copper tubing? In that case you can
use regular lead/tin solder. Cadmium fumes are
unhealthy to say the least, they can kill you. HTH
--
SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA ROTAS
Have 5 nice days! John