Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default How to Correct Poor Hard Drive Power Connector Contacts?

ken ) writes:
Baron,

Thanks for the tip "If you are into salvage old dead PSU get thrown
away daily, they are a good source of connectors."

All the "dead PSUs" I have seen are "cheap" ones so wouldn't they have
cheap connectors?

Ken

The point is that those connectors are hardly in constant use. I
was doing a lot of plugging and unplugging with one computer recently,
but I was moving drives to it to transfer their content to the main drive.
I've had this Pentium I'm writing on for four years, and the only time
I've unplugged the power connectors was when I put in a bigger drive,
and switched the two CD drives.

Chances are good that some random connector taken of some scrap
power supply is still in good shape.

Michael