Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Installing full overlay cabinets under soffit.

Mikepier wrote:
1. How wide is the soffit?

The new soffit will run the entire length of the kitchen, 11 feet.
As I've said, because of a duct, it will be 12" high (from bottom of
the soffit to the ceiling)

I wasn't interested in either length or height, just the width. Not
important since you can't use molding anyway since you seem to have
"European" style cabinets which are a box with doors; i.e., no face
frame.

Full overlay cabinets are designed so the door covers the entire
frame of the cabinet. Which means if you look at a cabinet
sideways, the top of the door and the top of the frame are almost
even. Putting on molding is a little more involved.

I've never heard of "full overlay cabinets". Full overlay *doors*,
yes; cabinets, no. Full overlay doors are "full overlay" because they
are on the outside of the face frame instead of being recessed either
fully or partially. There is normally a reveal with full overlay
doors - an inch at least and that inch would accommodate a molding.
Your box cabinets won't, good luck in hanging them.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...