Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Installing full overlay cabinets under soffit.

I am planning on redoing my kitchen soon. I have a soffit in my
kitchen which I must keep due to plumbing pipes. I also have to bring
my soffit down a little to accomodate a 6" duct inside that will vent
my range hood. So once the soffit is done, there will be exactly 48"
from the bottom of the soffit to the countertop. In order to maintain
the 18" between the countertop and the bottom of the cabinet, I
pretty much have to butt the 30" cabinet right up to the soffit, which
means there will be no crown molding since this is a full overlay
cabinet.
I was just wondering if this is whats normally done in this situation,
or if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.