Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Power to a greenhouse

soup wrote:

I am thinking of putting power out to the greenhouse (only for one light
and possibly a (small) heater, say, in total, 1100 watts worth) was
thinking of using a domestic outlet in the living room running the cable
through the living room wall via a vent (this cable would be some sort
of SWA) then down the garden (buried say a foot down) to the greenhouse,
cable terminated in some sort of trailing socket.
Anyone have any experience of running power out? I do not wish to go
the full; dedicated CU with armoured cable terminated in glands route.

You don't have to go for a full CU, but you do need to think through the
available alternatives and see what best suits your circumstances. You
can find most of what you need to know he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ricity_outside

--
Cheers,

John.