Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Power to a greenhouse

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:51:36 GMT someone who may be soup
wrote this:-

I am thinking of putting power out to the greenhouse (only for one light
and possibly a (small) heater, say, in total, 1100 watts worth) was
thinking of using a domestic outlet in the living room running the cable
through the living room wall via a vent (this cable would be some sort
of SWA) then down the garden (buried say a foot down) to the greenhouse,
cable terminated in some sort of trailing socket.
Anyone have any experience of running power out? I do not wish to
go the full; dedicated CU with armoured cable terminated in glands route.

How would the SWA cable be terminated in the plug and socket?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh