Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur 51 Arthur 51 is offline

Default Parkside Cordless

On 11 Sep, 12:29, Andy Hall wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in ...
On 2007-09-11 11:02:52 +0100, Pete C said:

On Sep 11, 8:19 am, Arthur 51 wrote:
Hia all.
I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

Thanks.

Arthur

Hi,

Why are they crap?

Because they are cheap junk from Lidl.

Parkside are actually quite good tools.

ROTFL.

As someone who owns a Power Devil hammer drill, Tooltec sander,
Marksman plane, silverline biscuit cutter, Challenge jigsaw and
Powercraft sander.
Quality 'feel' from these tools goes like this for me.

All of the above have a build quality feeling in the range 2 - 5 out
of ten, compared to
the recently acquired bosch cordless GSR14.4VE2.
The parkside cordless from Lidl definitely comes top of the monkeys
with a build
quality feel more than 5 maybe 6.
If I hadn't cooked the batteries on the ******* I wouldn't have
thought about replacing it.