Alon Seal

Default Stick welding Sheet Metal

(DoN. Nichols) wrote in message ...
In article ,
Alon Seal wrote:
___________
| |_____________
| | |
| Top X | X is welded spots
| Piece | is burn through spots
| | |
| X |
| Bottom |
| | Piece |
|___________| |
|_______________|

dag, don't forget ASCII art only works with proportional fonts (Courier,etc)

You mean mono-space (*non*-proportional), and yes, Courier is an
example.

Based on *this* image, he *did* use a mono-space font, as it
looks fine to me, and I only read news with mono-space fonts. If he had
used a proportional-space font, I would expect the right-edge to be
jagged, where the text replaced the spaces with different widths.

Are you perhaps trying to read it with a proportional font?
After all, both ends have to agree, and with proportional space fonts,
there are differences between the same named font on different machines,
That is why the fixed-space fonts are the proper choice -- they work on
*all* systems -- even old ASCII terminals, or even with Teletypes.

He even resisted the urge to use tabs, which don't always work
between systems, and are certainly screwed up by the "" quoting marks
as people reply to the article.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Sorry for the confusion, but I was commenting on my own work. I did
mean to say to view it with a non-proportional font (Courier).