Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
42etus 42etus is offline

Default Portland Oregon metal supplier?

Sure. In the Clackamas area is Clackamas Steel. They're a surplus yard.
Mainly steel, but they have stainless and aluminum also. The aluminum is in
a shed toward the back. They encourage customers to browse their yard. I
don't have the address, but they are on Evelyn St. in Clackamas. Check the
phone book. Sadly, I moved to Central Oregon last year. Clackamas Steel is
one of the few places I miss.
42

"Carla Fong" wrote in message
Hi all -

Several years ago I found a metal supplier in Portland who was located
under the Ross Island Bridge in the Zidell area. I think I remember the
name as "Pacific Metals"

Since the gentrification of the waterfront area I've heard that they
moved, and now that I need some additional small bits of 14ga 6061 I'm
trying to re-locate them to no avail..

Does anyone know where they went - or - does anyone know a good supplier
(preferably in the Portland area) of small (like remnant) pieces of 1/16"
aluminum for less than an arm and leg or first-born?

Thanks in advance -

Carla