Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_2_] Gerry[_2_] is offline

Default OT-internet address list

On Sep 9, 9:26 am, Jedd Haas wrote:
In article . com,

Gerry wrote:
On Sep 9, 8:04 am, "cncfixxer1" wrote:
http://www.ip-adress.com/

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in

Gerry wrote:

Where can I find a list of what the numerical internet addresses mean?
I'm talking about the string of numbers that identify an web address
and shows the country and such of the folks that send me their spam
and phishing attempts daily

You need to do a Whois lookup. Dnsstuff will let you do a few for
free, then you have to pay.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Well that's neat! Provides a whole lot more info that I want about me.
All I was looking for was to be able to identify country or origin to
see where the phishing junk is coming from

Also tryhttp://samspade.org/

--
Jedd Haas - Artist - New Orleans, LAhttp://www.gallerytungsten.comhttp://www.epsno.com

I always run my cursor over the link and read the real address before
going there. Seldom do the posted address and the real address match
up. I'm just curious if there is some system of numbers that make it
easy to spot when the site is in Niger or someother known location
that hosts these people- say a number that means Niger or something.
Something simple