Pedroman

Default Stick welding Sheet Metal

Try this website.

http://www.aussieweld.com/arcwelding/index.htm

Pedroman

"Glenn Cramond" wrote in message
om...
(Alon Seal) wrote in message

. com...
I've read through this newsgroup plenty of times, and I know this is a
dead-horse type topic. But I was hoping someone has a step by step
web site on the finer points of stick welding sheet metal.

I got the following...
1. low amps, small rod (1/16)
2. NO gap, tight, clean fitup
3. Move fast (2 inches per second was what one previous posted said)

can anyone add anything else? How great would it be if someone out
there has a FAQ for Stick Welding sheetmetal. (I've googled, but no
luck)

Thanks for any feedbacks.

What gauge sheet metal?

I used to build custom electrical switchboards, control consoles etc
minimum 16 gauge steel. Used 12 gauge rods on low amperage and always
positioned the job so that you welded downhill 30 to 45 degrees down
from horizontal.

As you said no gaps, tack the joint every 3" or so. The down angle
makes it fast, you sort of drag the beed down, the rod at about 45
degrees from the bottom side underneath the bead, you vary the stick
angle to keep the weld flowing without too much build up.

Worked for me in the days before MIG!

Glenn
www.metalbashatorium.com