Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Got Earthlink for a ISP? You might want to read this.

wrote:

When I worked in Baton Rouge, Earthlink was the only service available
besides
AOL or a dedicated T1. For me, they were a total disaster. After
spending nearly
200 hours over 9 weeks working with tech support to try and get my
account to
even let me log in, they agreed that my account should be closed and
my money
refunded. I had to wait an average of 45 minuets to even get a support
person on
phone, and then all they wanted to do was run through the same exact
tests the
previous tech had me run. I finally told them in no uncertain terms
that I wasn't
going to run those tests for about the 20th time and that we needed to
get past
that series of tests and try something else.

BTW, it wasn't limited to a particular computer, as I tried 5
different ones that I had
there and six others in other states that I had access to. It was a
problem on their
end and they wouldn't admit it no matter what we proved to them.

Craig C.

Gee. The guy showed up and handed me the cable modem while he
replaced the cable from the street that was ripped down in one of the
hurricanes with a buried cable. By the time he had it connected to the
ground block i was ready and logged on almost three years ago. Other
than a few minutes here and there, it has been up and running for three
years. I've had at least 25 different computers on my network in that
time. Some wouldn't log on, because they had too much spyware, trojans
and virii, but after I cleaned them up, they accessed the net with no
problems.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell