Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] cvairwerks@tigerbyte.net is offline

Default OT - Got Earthlink for a ISP? You might want to read this.

When I worked in Baton Rouge, Earthlink was the only service available
besides
AOL or a dedicated T1. For me, they were a total disaster. After
spending nearly
200 hours over 9 weeks working with tech support to try and get my
account to
even let me log in, they agreed that my account should be closed and
my money
refunded. I had to wait an average of 45 minuets to even get a support
person on
phone, and then all they wanted to do was run through the same exact
tests the
previous tech had me run. I finally told them in no uncertain terms
that I wasn't
going to run those tests for about the 20th time and that we needed to
get past
that series of tests and try something else.

BTW, it wasn't limited to a particular computer, as I tried 5
different ones that I had
there and six others in other states that I had access to. It was a
problem on their
end and they wouldn't admit it no matter what we proved to them.

Craig C.