Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Log jewelry box

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:21:16 -0700, diggerd83
wrote:

Yeah, I think they would cut the back off, not sure how they make the
drawers, would they break the bandsaw blade and then put it through a
drilled hole then mend the blade back together?
Seems like a lot of work...

Cutting and rewelding the blade is more common in metalworking than
woodworking. In fact most metalworking band saws have a welder built
into the saw for this purpose. But this is usually not done in
woodworking. Usually with a band saw box there is an entry cut and
then all of the cuts for the drawers are one carefully planned
continuous cut. Once you get to the end then you shut off the saw and
back out. There are two ways to handle those entry cuts. Either you
embellish them or you try to hide them by gluing and clamping it back
together. In the book I mentioned in the cover art you can see the
entry cuts and you can see that he makes no attempt to hide them, he
treats them the same as the cuts around the drawers. I don't *see*
any entry cuts or evidence of a seam in your link but that doesn't
necessarily mean they aren't there.

-Leuf