Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default How much of Dillon's Carbide dies are Carbide?

According to Clark Magnuson :

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/con...hree_Die_Sets_

I don't know, since I have never dealt with them.

But how much of *any* carbide die set is carbide? It is
normally a fairly short ring at the bottom end of the dies. The rest is
plain steel. (I would not want to pay for the ground threads needed in
an *all* carbide die. :-)

And from the description following your link, these also have
carbide expander balls as part of the sizing die.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564