Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] doc@sympatico.ca is offline

Default what is the best,fastest.most economical way to strip metal closet doors?

A propane torch will heat us most paint so that it can be easily
scraped off.

But I'm not sure how you avoid the scrape marks.

DOC

wrote:
I am currently remodeling my condo and have decided to make one room
into a office. My theme is a industrial-metal-gray walls- etc.
I am thinking of stripping the paint of my closet doors to get the
metal finish that looks great with the decor.
Now I am having somewhat of a problem. I have bought a paint stripper
and have applied it and waited and have taken off some layers of paint
down to the metal that I want.
BUT..........it is taking me way to long to get this finish.
Does anyone have any ideas in how to get this project finished faster
and more effective without scratching or messing up the metal finish?

Thanks for your time!