Posted to alt.home.repair
Pond Scum Pond Scum is offline

Default Pool light bulb any different than regular light bulb?

I have a Sta-Rite Sunlite pool light in my pool. It's one of the newer versions
with a 250W 120V halogen bulb inside the fixture, mini-can base and T-4 shape.
The replacement bulb is $25 from a pool supply store, but I see the same size
(250W 120V T-4 mini-can) bulbs advertised from other online sellers (even on
Ebay) for as little as $7.

Is there anything special about the bulb sold by the pool supply stores, or
is it the same bulb as I can get for $7? The bulb I took out of it was the one
the fixture came with and it says "0250CL/MC", "130V", "GE", and "KOREA"
stamped into the metal base.

Thanks,
Jonathan