Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TomTom ONE tamper proof screws

In article ,
"Graham." writes:

"tim....." wrote in message

"Graham." wrote in message
I need to get inside my TomTom ONE (original version).

I'm intrigued, why?

To repair it. It charges intermittently. Giving it a thump restores
charging,
the green LED on the top remains lit regardless so its definitely internal.
A dry-joint, or lose earthling screw maybe, I am sure I will find it when I
get inside the case.

Can some one tell me what size hex pin-head security screws it uses,
and where the best place to buy a tool?

Are you sure that it's not a star?

No, its like an alan key type head with a central spigot. Not a Torx etc.

With the torx ones, inserting an appropriate sized small screwdriver
and giving it a quarter turn pings off the pin, and allows a standard
torx tool to be used. Might work with alan key heads too. Close your
eyes as you twist the screwdriver so the pin doesn't fly into your eye.

--
Andrew Gabriel