Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Got Earthlink for a ISP? You might want to read this.

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

No Mike I do get it....but did you READ the article?

Layoffs for technology advances are a fact of living these
days....layoffs because of your business tanking affects
customers....these layoffs are because Earthlink had to lay them
off...

I have been monitoring my connections to Earthlink by pinging...and I
have been seeing some really bad return times....which I suspect
indicates crappy servers if they continue.

It would also explain many of the problems with not being able to
connect to mail servers and dropping bandwidth hogs like Ebay.

TMT

Yes, I did read it, and a lot of other stuff on the Earthink.support
newsgroups. I don't have trouble accessing any of the Earthlink, or any
other email servers i use, other than the occasional few minute period
when they are doing upgrades. The do need to do some work on their DNS
servers, but you can always use an external DNS server, like open DNS.

An infected computer would be a better explanation of having trouble
connecting.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell