Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default refrigerant efficiency

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:32:35 -0600, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:23:22 -0700, wrote:

I've several old engineering manuals that put ammonia gas as #1 for
overall efficiency. Nasty stuff, but still used for large warehouse
and ice-making operations. Also biodegradeable and ozone-friendly.
You probably won't find the information you need out of a catalog,
efficiency depends on a lot of things, one reason the books are so
thick...

Stan

But have you ever been near a leaking SO2 system?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Back when I was in grade school (1940s) a family had one (household
refrigerator using amonia) leak, fortunately only the pet (forget
what kind of pet) was home. Did it in. Nasty stuff to breathe.
...lew...

The reefer here in my RV was ammonia charged. Blew a fitting about a
year ago (which is why its now my dry storage).

Prior to that..Id had an ant problem here in the RV park.

Havent seen an ant, spider, moth, roach or any other critter since
then inside the RV.

Nasty!

Gunner