Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plumbing outflow of washing machine into external drains

S Viemeister wrote:
Ben R wrote:

Is it very unusual for
top water AND foul water to go to the septic tank?

Yes.

Its very stupid, as much as anything. Septic tanks are there to allow a
low flow to settle and anaerobically digest the organics into sludge

A high flow washes the organics through before its happened.
I used to have one, and after a big bath, the outflow whiffed something
shocking.

The klargester biodisk I now have is INFINITELY better, but even that
couldn't cope with rainwater..