Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Plumbing outflow of washing machine into external drains

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:04:21 -0700 someone who may be Ben R
wrote this:-

I've recently plumbed a new washing machine into the garage and need
to run the outflow pipe through the garage wall foundations, into a
trench, then run it along for about three feet before connecting it
into the the drain where one of the downpipes flows from the guttering
in the house. My problem is that I'm not sure how I can drill a core
into the concrete gully to fit the outflow pipe without cracking the
gully.

If the gully has an open grid or back-entry, could you not run the
waste at high level along the garage wall and then drop into the
gully?

If it doesn't, could you still run the pipe at high level and drop
into a newly installed back-entry gully?

Otherwise you will need to extend the drain.

I'm also not too sure how to get though the garage wall.

What is the wall made of?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh