Joe Lojek

Default Replaement dial cover for B & S 6" Dial Daliper

I have made a new crystal from a 2 or 3 liter coke bottle, Cut it out of the
oval section and it will give a little more strength and it also looks good.

Joe..

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

Ludwig P. Pietz wrote:
I have a B & S dial caliper with a broken crystal - #599-579-5, Is
there a place (hopefully on-line) where I can buy a replacement? Lud

I made a new crystal for a B&S dial indicator from a piece of Plexiglas.
It really wasn't too hard, and has a flat front, which actually works
better with respect to reflections. I super-glued one side to a piece of
faced-off steel, then turned all the other features, then just popped
it off the mandrel. I glued it to the dial bezel.

Jon