Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default OT - Got Earthlink for a ISP? You might want to read this.

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in
. 3.70:
snip
It came somewhat later than promised, and worked better than
guaranteed when finally installed, but whenever I attempted to check
on the status of the order, I was completely stymied by Earthlink's
impossible-to- navigate voice operated customer service facility.
They make it impossible to use, and I think it's intentional, in an
effort to shoo away the "trivial" calls.

Good technology run by nasty, unhelpful people in Pakistan.

LLoyd

Take a look at www.gethuman.com. This site lists a bunch of companies and
how to get through their voice mail to a real person. For Earthlink they
list the contact number as 888-327-8454 and then - Press 1; press 0 at
each prompt thereafter, ignoring messages as getting you to an operator.

Bill