Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Got Earthlink for a ISP? You might want to read this.

fired this volley in news:1188392494.386565.74800
@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:
So far, I have had no problems or complaints with earthlink dial-up.
Its been about 8 years, now.

Hopefully that doesn't change.

Earthlink's quality of service (facilities) has always been good, but
their quality of customer service is horrible.

I recently upgraded from dialup to DSL through Earthlink, because the
local facilities company (AT&T) flatly refused to bring the service onto
our street, even though there was a remote terminal "hot" on the corner.
But because of the new tarrifs, Earthlink was able to compel them to
provide it.

It came somewhat later than promised, and worked better than guaranteed
when finally installed, but whenever I attempted to check on the status
of the order, I was completely stymied by Earthlink's impossible-to-
navigate voice operated customer service facility. They make it
impossible to use, and I think it's intentional, in an effort to shoo
away the "trivial" calls.

Good technology run by nasty, unhelpful people in Pakistan.

LLoyd