Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Fuse blowing next to central heating clock

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:07:36 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

The fuse in the fusebox next to my central heating controller keeps
blowing. I replaced it twice yesterday with a 3A fuse and again this
morning with a 5A fuse and within half an hour of the heating coming
on and the radiators just starting to get warm it blows.

The fuse blowing is trying to tell you something. Find out what it
is, rather then hoping for the best.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what the most common causes could be.

In addition to the water suggestions, perhaps a cable or bit of
equipment is damaged.

Someone with more experience could measure and work out where the
fault is likely to be. In your case if a visual inspection doesn't
reveal anything it is time to employ someone to find the fault.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh