Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Testing a CO detector

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:40:04 -0500, "Steve Barker LT"
wrote:

Ya, take it in the garage (with the doors open) and start your push mower.
It should go off pretty quick. Those small engines really put it out..

steve

I forget what brand I have -- I can check -- but when I called them
with a question I asked about putting it near the furnace to check if
it was working and the woman on the phone said not to, that it would
overload and ruin the sensor, I think.

wrote in message
roups.com...
They have a convenient spray that allows you to test the sensor
elements of a smoke detector
http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_yl...+detector&did=

(most alarms have no way to test the sensors when you press the test
button)

Is there a similar aerosol or method of thoroughly testing a CO
detector?
I couldn't find anything from a web search

Thanks