Posted to rec.woodworking
Tommy T Tommy T is offline

Default weak radial arm saw

I have had a Craftsman 10-inch electronic radial arm saw (113.198211)
for about 20 years. For years it has not made a clean cut. The cut is
warped. Lately it can barely make it through anything thicker than
3/4" pine. This morning it stopped dead trying to cut a 2x4. I've
adjusted the blade many times to make it square in every direction. I
don't believe it's the blade because, although it has been several
years since I replaced the blade the newer blade that i bought at that
time didn't improve the cut at all. Besides, I have a comparably old
(and comparably used) 8-inch table saw and it cuts the same piece of
wood with ease, cross cut or rip.

Does anyone have a suggestion before I begin the costly, inconvenient,
and most like unsatisfactory experience of taking it to a sears repair
store?