Stephen

Default Adjustable Shop/Die Table

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
om...
I am currently designing an adjustable shop/die table for use around
the mill and lathe area of the shop.

A related thought. I have also been thinking about making an adjustable
table so that when I work on larger parts I can get them at a convenient
height. I would also like a way to be able to move and rotate the part on
the table. Roller balls could work but the part could (probably would) roll
off the table and onto my foot. I was thinking about drilling several small
holes through the tabletop and hooking them up to compressed air. Turn on
the air and the part would float on a thin cushion of air, turn off the air
and the part would drop down on the table. Has any one tried or seen
something like this? It probably isn't a unique idea, I may have seen
something like it. I have seen a similar method used to move heavy
equipment, a plate with holes on the bottom was placed under each corner of
the equipment and compressed air was applied. The plates moved up a fraction
of an inch and the equipment could be moved with almost no friction.

Scp