Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael White Michael White is offline

Default How to attach a table top without screws showing...

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

Michael White said something like:
Can you glue the three pieces together to form the top, then glue that
top
to the table underpinning? I've put together a 4' x 4' bookcase using
just
glue, and it'll hold together quite well.

I could, but have dismissed the glues because this is something
potentially outdoors...perhaps that was premature?

There are outdoor wood glues, and, if you want to pay a little more, you can
buy an epoxy (Gorilla Glue?). Either should be sufficient, especially
since the glue will not be exposed directly to the weather (sun or rain).

Besides, worst case you go with someone else's idea if it falls apart .
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer