Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave dave is offline

Default How to set a steel lintel over a door frame

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:44:54 +0100, "Roger Mills"

jim wrote:

Detached garage: I'm replacing the timber frame (925mm wide overall)
for the side entry door. The wall is single brick with buttresses.
The brick (soldier) course over the frame lacks a lintel, so wish to
add a steel L section.

[...]
* Re-point the mortar joints which you have disturbed

That's pretty interesting. Any chance the OP, you can post some pics
step-by-step? That's be a good ref for any other's doing it! (Like me
- maybe perhaps possibly :-) )