Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Door leaks on new Kitchenaid dishwasher

I just installed a Kitchenaid KUDK03ITBL dishwasher which was delivered
today. On the 1st run, I noticed if the door is opened during the cycle
(even with the recommended 5 second delay after unlatching the handle) about
a tablespoon of water pours out of the right hand corner of the door after
it is re-shut. Same amount each time, regardless of how long the door is
open. The bottom edge of the door extends beneath the front of the
stainless steel tub when open, and it seems a bit of water leaks into the
extended door bottom, then runs out onto the floor when the door is re-shut.
The water level in the machine seems about right, just below the mid-line of
the bottom heating element. Also, the fill float which determines the
amount of water moves freely & is not adjustable. The machine is brand
new, so returning it is the obvious solution, but I'm wondering what might
be the cause of this. The machine is level in all planes & the various
seals appear to be fine. The door does not leak while the machine is
running, just briefly immediately after opening/shutting. I should add this
is at least the 10th dishwasher I have installed, but I'm wondering if
anything I may have over-looked might account for this leak & save me the
hassle of a return.

TIA

Dan