Posted to uk.d-i-y
jives11 jives11 is offline

Default spring loaded bath plug seal

On 14 Aug, 20:54, William McNicol wrote:
jives11 wrote:
Hi,

I have a bath with a kind of plug that stays in place but clicks up or
down if you want to seal the plug hole. It has a silver metal top, and
has a large rubber washer that fits under the "lid" which makes the
water seal. Trouble is the rubber has perished and local plumbers
shops seem perplexed offering such gems as "You'll need a completely
new waste unit". Well as the bath is completely boxed in, thats no
use at all.

Unfortunately I don't have the original packaging or receipt from 8
years ago. The shop I got them from were no use (quote above).

On the plastic moulding is the word WIROUIN but returns almost zero
hits on google

Anyone heard of WIROUIN or any experience of these things ?

Are you sure the tail of the Q hasn't worn off: i.e. WirQuin?

Cheers,

William.

thanks

Yep - you are right :
http://www.wirquin.com/sitegb/catalo...ignoiregb.html

It's the Automatic Wastes w/o cable, Quick-Clac

Thanks again