Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker[_2_] Dave Baker[_2_] is offline

Default Need a nut

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"James" typed

Does anyone know of a cheap online supplier for nuts ?

Basically I was changing my rear light cluster on my car as some little
idiot decided to smash it. It attached with 3 nuts and using a 8mm
socket to
get them off. I managed to get 2 of them off and dropped the third into
the
bodywork lost forever!

Now what I'm after is a replacement. I live in a remote area so popping
local diy stores is a lengthy process so if anyone knows of a online
supplier who would be happy to sell a single nut would be handy ?

I assume its a 8mm nut as I used a 8mm socket to get it out.

.... just typical as soon as I get into a diy mood I start losing
nuts! ... I
was doing so well untill I get all thumbs.

Thanks

It might be 8mm on the outside but its internal threading is what's
critical to get right. Is it M5 or what?

Yes, an 8mm spanner size nut is an M5. Ask on UK.rec.models.engineering and
someone will probably pop one in an envelope for you. Can't see an online
bolt supplier wanting to sell you a single nut.
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines