Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Cleaning Sheetrock Dust from Hardwood Floors

You might try wiping the floor with lemon oil and a soft towel or
flannel. This method works well with grout haze on ceramic tile
and may pick up much of the dust that a water rinse is leaving.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've read a few different things about cleaning up sheetrock
dust, but
most posts were for tile floor or plywood subflooring.

I re-sheetrock'd a room with hardwood floros, much of the dust
cleaned
up nice with a broom and dust pan, but the areas of the hardwood
floors that saw traffic, the dust seems to be embedded into the
floor.
Mopping did very little, it almost looks like paint spills all
over
the place.

Before I go crazy is there a good product or technique I can use
clean hardwood floors of caked-in sheetrock dust? I'm sure a
stiff
brush would clean it out, but hands and knees scrubbing is my
last
resot.

Thanks,
Justin