Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
HC HC is offline

Default Hydraulic cylinder/valve problem, help please.

On Aug 6, 5:54 am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Aug 6, 1:14 am, HC wrote:

Hello, all.
- ... Prince "Logsplitter" vavlve (like can be seen hehttp://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_47..."
...when I try to move the handle
of the vavle slightly, to move the ram slowly, it bogs the engine and
will kill it, under load...
--HC

There is an adjustable pressure relief valve under the hex cap beside
the control handle shaft. Put a *hydraulic pressure rated* tee and a
glycerin-filled 5000Lb pressure gauge at the pump outlet so you can
see what you're doing as you adjust it. The lowest pressure that moves
the load should give you the most control. I don't know the max safe
setting on your system.
Jim Wilkins

Thanks, Jim, for your reply. I have a 5k glycerin filled gauge on the
pump output line currently and will attempt the adjustment of the
bypass.

--HC