Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Black PVC pipe leak?? repair??

On Aug 5, 3:30 pm, "John W" wrote:
The black PVC pipe

snip

ABS pipe AFAIK is usually black, and PVC is usually white. You might
be able to confirm this by checking your local suppliers. this will
help you get the correct adhesive for your system repairs.
One of our local geniuses took a different route for a similar problem
that was caused by hurried workmanship. He dried the joint thoroughly
with a heat gun, sanded well past the affected area on both sides and
wrapped the whole thing with many turns of fiberglass tape soaked in
epoxy resin. So far as I know, it is still functional after maybe
seven years or so. Since this doesn't meet any plumbing code
requirements, of course I couldn't reccommend it snicker.

Joe