Posted to alt.home.repair
franz frippl franz frippl is offline

Default Gypcrete

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:58:06 -0500, Al Bundy wrote:

franz frippl wrote in
:

Are there alternatives to Gypcrete brand poured floor?

What might they be?

I am working on a 20x24 cabin and wish to pour it myself. Has anyone
done this as DIY?

I'm no concrete guy at all but you want to mix & pour like 18 cu yds of
concrete?!!!! More if over 4" thick. Rebar? Cell phone to call 911?

How are you getting all this mix to the site is my curiosity.

18 cu yds?
The area is 480 sq ft and the pour is 1-1/2". Gypcrete is lighter than
concrete. I calculated 2 cu yds of material max. Quote for job is $1600
minimum. Just looking for way to cover radiant floor tubing.

There must be alternative product out there, I just don't know what it is.