Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Bosch Fridge temperature

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:38:17 +0100, Rob mused:

John wrote:
"Lurch" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:28:32 +0100, "doobydoobydo"
mused:

Hiya
My Bosch Fridge has a temperature range of +2 to +8 C on LED at top.
Ideal
temp is supposed to be +4 thats all book says. What I need to know is
.............silly question............is +2 colder in the fridge or
warmer
than +4.

Bigger number = hotter.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Get a thermometer and play about with it to get the right temp.

I have (by the sound of it) the same fridge - the one with the
pull-out drawers? I thought 4C was too warm, so it runs at the 2C level,
which is actually 4C according to a fridge thermometer placed in the
middle. I suspect the LED/presets give an optimistic account.

It reads the temperature from a probe buried in the side of the fridge
so it won't actually be a true reading of the exact temperature. The
probes are also prone to failing, the Bosch repair kit is basically a
set of connectors to bypass it as it's impossible to get at.
--
Regards,
Stuart.