L Reid

Default Replacing Sangamo 410 programmer / timer

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , BigWallop
writes

One of the jobs I have now added to the list as the current CH timer /
programmer (Sangamo 410) appears to be keeping time at the rate of 2

hours
passing = 1 day. I'd like to replace this if it's just a matter of

getting

If it's been off for a long time, it may only need the backup battery
replaced.

Sangamo 410 ? - batteries weren't invented when they were around
--
geoff

Batteries? I'm beginning to suspect that the gremlin that lives inside it
has died as it's not turning at-all now. Plus point is that central heating
is on predictably now, however not so good as my wife keeps turning it down
at night before coming to bed so she's not too warm. Unfortunately I'm first
up in the morning and have to turn it up again.

I'd take a picture though I don't know which box the camera's in, and sods
law dictates that the cable to connect same to PC is in a box at the other
end of the house. I did find this however, which sort of indicates that
replacement could be a 'doddle'.

http://www.sunvic.co.uk/Select%20Pro...s/207ins_w.pdf

Am I correct that replacing this control unit would fall outside the
requirements to be done by a CORGI registered individual? Also, if anyone
could suggest an alternative unit (pref available in the UK via post...?).

Cheers!

Leigh