Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Replacing Sensor in Yard Lamp Post

There are several varieties of these photocontrols. Some are installed
through a small hole in the post, from the inside. This type has a lock nut
threaded around the part sticking through the post, and can be replaced by
first removing the fixture, then disconnecting the 3 wires from the sensor.
There are other types that are built into a removable section of the post,
and some that are fitted into a surface mounted molded piece of plastic and
screwed onto the post from the outside

"Deerfoot" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Group,

I'm looking for information on replacing the light/dark sensor in my yard
lamp post.
I googled the subject but, no joy.
The sensor is very small, just a shade bigger than the diameter of a
pencil eraser.

Can anyone explain to me how to replace this sensor?